Friday, November 5, 2010

Is he strutting his stuff or strutting for stuffing?

DSC_0196

While our tom is starting to show some size I’m still not convinced he will be ready to eat in 21 days, therefore he may get a last minute stay of execution.  This is only going to be the case if I can find another organic raised turkey big enough to kill process by Tuesday, November 23rd.  

Process on Tuesday, go thru rigor on Wednesday, and cook on Thursday, and they never see the freezer.  

Before you decide to call PETA on me let me further explain:

You know this looks good!

 DSCN0588
This was one of my farm raised turkeys of from last year.

And besides I’m a member of PETA.
P-people E-eatingT- tastyA- animals

3 comments:

Heather said...

On my to do list... raising my own turkey.

I saw a t-shirt once that said: There's room for all God's creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes and gravy.

Have a great day!

Keetha Broyles said...

Besides, you at least KILL your animals BEFORE you eat them - - - those other PETA folks eat their veggies alive.

I'm just sayin' - - -

Anonymous said...

someday i hope to be as brave as you:)looks good!