Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Check out these chicks

I’ve been talking writing a lot about Thanksgiving coming up, lets switch gears a little.  Here is a series of pictures of some cute little silkie chicks.  I found these locally from a breeder and wanted to add to my silkie population to one day be able to breed my own.  The two adult chickens are Scarlett and Rhett they are currently raising these; they will soon be on their own but they still need the adults to keep them warm at night.
silkie chicks 4
Here they are on the first time out of the nursery, it was a warm afternoon.
silkie chicks silkie chicks 2 silkie chicks 3
I think the picture above is awesome, dad is making standing watch as other big chickens are nearby.
splash 4 
They love bread left over from meals or the concession stand.
splash 1 splash 2
And
Of course I had to save the best for last. 
Check out this little fellow, smiling for the camera.

splash

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

the last one is just my favorite!

Keetha Broyles said...

I've never seen this kind before! The adults are as fuzzie and cute as the babies!