Wednesday, March 3, 2010

John Denver is a liar…

In Thank God I’m a County Boy John Denver sings “Well, life on the farm is kinda laid back” boy is he a liar. It doesn’t matter how you feel, what all you have going on with the kids, church, work and friends there is always work to be done on the farm. I have had some serious issues with some part of my digestive track, to the point there are some days I can not function. On the feel good days I have to make up for the days I could not get anything done. Anyway enough “belly aching” on with the update.

Jen had some serious issues last year with my Free Ranging Chickens indulging on her fresh vegetables and fruit. This year she asked if I would build a fence to protect these items; I assembled my crew and here is how it went.

DSC_4231

First we set the post about 15” deep.

DSC_4236

Next, we poured concrete to secure the posts.

IMG_0011

Then we added the woven wire. We used “field fence” this has small openings on the bottom and larger openings on the top.

IMG_0017

We also installed a gate with similar wire openings. There are additional supports around the gate for increased strength.

IMG_0016 Here is a picture of the additional posts for increased support of the corners. Also included in the picture is a new peach tree. Looks like we are a long way from a fresh cobbler. Aw Shucks!

Thanks for all the help from Maddie, Brad and Kenzie-Grace the project is complete.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love my fence babe and can't wait to fill it with our dreams!