Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A new addition

DSC_3966

My Mother-in-Law has been at it again; giving me crazy ideas. She suggested that I raise quail, so I began my research. I have a wonderful place on the internet to gather information www.backyardchickens.com I found Mike or as I know him fishman65 (screen name); he lives in Flatrock, AL (20 minutes from me). He sold me 10 quail for $20, then threw in 1 additional quail and a couple dozen quail eggs. They are about 6 weeks old and since then we have had a couple of eggs laid.

Sunday morning, Brad (my son of 9) decided he would have scrambled quail eggs for breakfast. He cooked his own eggs, and did a really good job!

We soon plan to purchase a small incubator and try our hand at hatching to increase our flock. This will allow our flow to continue while relocating a few of the quail to the grill. Yum!

No comments: