Saturday, December 4, 2010

Still loving technology.

Today I was looking at craigslist and saw the following ad:
We have baby calves for sale, still on the bottle for $75 OBO. If you are interested call me at 706-237-XXXX
or call/text at 706-313-XXXX. Can send pictures.
So, I sent a text message asking for a picture.  Here was the response a good looking Charolais, bull calf.
first cow
I forwarded this message to my brother-in-law, Jon Waldron, explaining I should be able to bottle feed and wean as I am usually home during the month of December (not a busy month in the boiler business).  I explained to the owner, I was discussing the purchase with Jon and it would take a little while to get back with them.  Three or four hours later Jon got back with me and we worked out a good plan, as I was walking through the grocery store (texting) with Jen…Jon will buy the calf, I will take care of getting it, castrating, weaning, and then take it to his farm in Murfreesboro, TN.  He will feed hay until the pastures are green, and when we are ready to slaughter…we will split the processing cost and beef. 
Technology is great while Jen was purchasing beef at the Fresh Market, I was buying in bulk for next year. 

No comments: