Tuesday, December 7, 2010

“Where’s the beef?” Little Old Lady from an 80’s Wendy’s commercial

I know I have posted a picture of the little bottle fed calf Jon and I agreed to purchase.  Well Monday evening I picked him up and moved him in, since I was working alone and trying to get him settled in the dark, I was unable to get any picture. He was on a feeding schedule of 11:00 am and pm.  Well that's not going to work here.  So, I fed him about a quart of milk replacer about 7 pm, to get him to his new feeding time of 5  am/pm.  At 5 am he was as eager to eat as I was to feed him in 19 degree weather, I guess he was still adjusting to his new roommates.
Audley Feeding With Maestrocow standing in bus stop Coming out of the bus stop.
brad and cow 2
Brad, my helper, checking him out.
sally and cow
With Sally.
This evening at 5 pm he was HUNGRY! 
bottle feeding
bottle feeing 2
close up feeding
close up feeding 3
That must have been good…he downed it quickly.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So do you still like farming after getting up in below freezing temps the last several days to feed your cow?

xoxo

Audley said...

Love it, wish I had more cows.