Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Addition

I have a really cool looking rooster (Mr. Darcy), I bought him over the summer, along with a hen which  was killed by a raccoon earlier in the fall.  He is of one of the smallest bantam breeds; Japanese Black Tail Bantam.  These come in a variety of color but I prefer the white because the black tail really stands out.   Poor fellow is so small he can not breed with any of my other bantams.
DSC_0153
Mr. Darcy on the inside roost.

After searching Craigslist, I finally found him some company of the same breed. 

jap bantams

While I was gone to pick them up, I asked Jen to run by the co-op and pick up a new feeder.  However I learned a very valuable lesson when I brought these home.  Expect the unexpected when you send a “city girl” to pick up farm supplies.

feeder

No comments: