Saturday, April 17, 2010

This goat came with a name…

Brad had asked for his own goat; I found this little fellow from an inquiry I put on www.backyardherds.com. I would like for you to meet Maestro, he is a registered Nigerian Dwarf, wether (neutered male). Romeo was not wanting to stay in his pen; he kept getting out and hanging out with the chickens. He also slept in the chicken coop at night. After Maestro moved in Romeo has not gotten out again. Both goats and Hamlet (my pot-belly pig) all live in the same pen.

If you would also like to have your own registered Nigerian Dwarf check out www.lilhillfarm.com when I’m ready for another they will be the first place I look.

maestro and romeo

When Maestro arrived at the house I turned him loose and just let he and Romeo find each other. There was a little head butting nothing major, but it was really cute. They are the same age (2 months).

maestro audley and brad

Here is me showing Brad his new goat.

maestro and romeo 2

Since goats like to climb, and I live in an old auto parts junk yard, I put to good use a couple of wheels and tires, they are stacked for the goats to play on. You can see Maestro is trying to be king of the mountain, with Romeo on the lower level while Hamlet is desperately searching for something else to eat.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Hey Audley,

Thank you so much for the farm plug and pictures! Looks like Maestro really did make himself right at home. And I LOVE Romeo! He's a gorgeous little boy. And the little pig is so cute!

Thanks for giving Maestro a really neat and fun home.

Sandie

Farmhand said...

Your goats look really good-natured, carefree, and happy. How does your pig get along with goats? How old is he?